The newest version of the software, Rebelle 2, integrates groundbreaking improvements, watercolor and acrylic brushes. An unprecedented realistic look together with watercolor masking fluid gives an exceptional traditional feel to any digital painting.
In addition, a completely new brush engine allows users to create custom brushes - round, flat, bamboo, various wet splatters, sponges and many others. Moreover, Rebelle’s various wet tools - watercolors, acrylics or ink pen can be combined with pastels, pencils or any other dry media tools, in wonderfully intuitive ways.
"It's amazing! The physics are really spot on. Aside from its standalone quality, for me this will eliminate endless hunting online for quality watercolor resources." - Francis Aeonic
This new super charged version comes with full multi-touch support and layered PSD support. All these convenient features are wrapped in an agreeable and easy to use interface with a simple learning curve. In addition, the watercolors that contributed to the success of the first version watercolors are even more creative and, in addition to the other tools, such as acrylics, now have an extraordinary authentic look.
New Key Features
- New brush engine - Newly implemented brush engine allows users to create unlimited brush variations. Users are able to create their own custom brushes or enjoy by default implemented shapes - round, flat, bamboo, various splatters, sponges and many others. With option to use GPU acceleration, brushes can have bigger size and faster response.
- Creative stencils and masking fluid - Stencils in combination with watercolor diffusion opens new possibilities for budding artists. Users can mask out painting areas, wet the paper and let the watercolor simulation create its magic.
- Selection tools - Create quick masks and define shapes that block off the areas you do not wish to change. Classic freehand, polygonal, elliptical and rectangular selections got a new meaning when used in combination with traditional wet media.
- Layered PSD support - An implemented layered PSD import & export is compatible with Adobe Photoshop and enables to transfer works smoothly also into other 3rd party graphic applications.
- Faster performance - Undo/redo and new file management are highly optimized so the whole painting process including opening and saving big artworks is much more fluent.
- Multi-touch experience - Rebelle has a complete support for multitouch gestures for Wacom, Microsoft, Apple and alternative tablet and trackpad devices including Astropad application.
- User Interface - Interface is intuitive and easy to use, ideal for beginners or traditional professionals who may find out that creative process can be very fluent also in a digital art. Simplicity and every important feature in reach are the first things you’ll appreciate when using Rebelle.
Hero artwork by Martin Hanschild