VIEW Conference has also announced the opening of submissions for the show’s highly competitive ‘VIEW Awards.’ Celebrating the best in animation and video games, each year this competition receives hundreds of entries, vying for recognition in four categories for animated short films or videogames.
VIEW Conference spans five remarkably diverse days, featuring talks, workshops, panel discussions, interactive sessions, awards and more, in an intimate conference like no other. It is presented to an expected audience of 6,000 professionals and students.
The initial list of industry professionals confirmed to present at VIEW Conference 2017 includes those below. Additional announcements are forthcoming, as speakers are added.
Initial list of VIEW Conference 2017 Industry Speakers
1. Rob Pardo – CEO, Bonfire Studios. Renowned videogame design career including World of Warcraft – VIEW Keynote Speaker
2. Eric Darnell – Chief Creative Officer, Baobab Studios whose career includes co-directing & co-writing all DreamWorks’ Madagascar films and projects including Invasion, Asteroids, Rainbow Crow and more. – VIEW Keynote Speaker
3. Phil Chen – Co-founder, HTC VIVE. A technology explorer and investor who is Managing Partner of Presence Capital VR/AR Venture Fund and Partner, Horizons Ventures who invest in VR/AR/AI.
4. Paul Debevec – Senior Staff Engineer, Google VR and Oscar Winner
5. Kevin Lin – Chief Operating Officer, Twitch.TV
6. Christopher Townsend - Overall VFX Supervisor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
7. Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge of ILM x LAB
8. Mark Osborne – The Little Prince and Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks Animation
9. Kris Pearn – Director The Willoughbys, Bron Animation and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 Co-Director, Sony Pictures Animation
10. Shannon Tindle – Director/Writer, Sony Pictures Animation, Disney, Laika, Google Spotlight Story On Ice
11. Cinzia Angelini – Director, upcoming CG Animated short ‘Mila’
12. Hal Hickel - Animation Director, Rogue One, ILM. Oscar and BAFTA Winner
13. Rob Coleman - Head of Animation, Lego Batman Movie, Animal Logic. Two-time Oscar nominee for his work on Star Wars
14. Kim White – Director of Photography - Lighting, Cars 3, Pixar Animation Studios
15. Noelle Triaureau - Production Designer, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Animation
16. Mike Ford - VFX Supervisor, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Imageworks
17. Carlos Zaragoza - Production Designer, The Emoji Movie, Sony Pictures Animation
18. Maureen Fan – Chief Executive Officer, Baobab Studios, VR
19. Larry Cutler – Chief Technology Officer, Baobab Studios
20. Eloi Champagne - Technical Director, National Film Board of Canada, VR
21. Claudio Pedica – Senior Interaction Designer, Sólfar Studios & AI researcher at Reykjavik University
22. Michael Rubin – Founder and Chief Photo Officer, Neomodern
23. David Putrino – Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Director of Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill-Cornell Medical College. Chief Mad Scientist, Not Impossible Labs
24. Victor Perez - VFX Supervisor, Gabriele Salvatores Invisible Boy sequel
25. Francesco Filippi – Director, Mani Rosse (Red Hands), Studio Mistral
26. Ed Hooks - Multi-faceted theatrical professional, actor, author and acting teacher.
“I am thrilled to confirm such an impressive list of speakers so early in our 2017 planning process,” said conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “This year’s VIEW Conference continues our tradition of showcasing many of the world’s top animation, visual effects artists, while adding even more great speakers to our line-up to showcase games and virtual reality.”
The VIEW Conference’s popular awards competition recognizes animated short films and videogames created between January 1, 2015 and September 15, 2017. Entry is available online at: http://www.viewconference.it/awards-and-social-contest/
The deadline for ALL VIEW Awards submissions is: September 15, 2017.