Cage is a project-based online collaboration tool in public beta.
Cage provides a secure environment for creative teams in web, mobile, print, video, design, 3D and motion graphics to easily present their work for feedback and approval. It also provides clients a simple, intuitive venue for offering direction in real-time on an actual creative asset.
Users can join the public beta by visiting http://cageapp.com/
"Sandip and the Cage team have been focused on building an easy-to-use, intuitive product for designers and creative teams. Cage is both, plus it’s beautiful to look at,” said Graphicly founder Micah Baldwin, who is also a Cage advisor. “I love the platform and the attention to detail, and I’m even more impressed with the team that put it together.”
Cage allows users to easily upload and present files, manage tasks, organize revisions and receive approvals all in one simple environment. Since Cage entered private beta in 2011, more than 20,000 creative professionals have signed up to use the product, including many who work at some of the biggest brands in the world, such as: Omnicom, Google, BBDO, Twitter, Facebook, Saatchi & Saatchi, Target, AT&T, Virgin Media, Moleskin, Marvel, Electronic Arts, Walmart, Ogilvy and Weber Shandwick.
The public beta is accompanied by a complete redesign and redevelopment of the interface and includes several new or improved features:
• Tasks: Users can now manage, assign and complete tasks without leaving the app
• In-app Sharing: Users can now send and receive projects seamlessly without having to copy and paste links into email
• Video Player: Clients can now offer frame-by-frame feedback directly on video projects
• Approvals: Users can now receive client approvals directly within the app
• Revisions: Users can now easily version client feedback and present changes within the app
• File Support: Users can now upload a wide variety of files, including popular image and video formats, and even PSDs
• Notifications: Teams and Clients stay in the loop with customizable email notifications
• Activity Steam: Users can now catch up and stay current on all activity in the app
• Archive: Users can now archive inactive projects to reference in the future
"Our biggest goal in re-imaging Cage was to make it useful for any type of designer, artist or creative team without a lot of clutter," Cage co-founder Sandip Patel said. "Leaving out vital features for the sake of simplicity leads to workarounds, and that doesn’t work for anyone. We wanted to make sure the tool we built would make it easy for creatives to present, manage and secure approvals on their work…and look like geniuses while doing it."