Sun 30th Mar 2014 | News
RE:Vision Effects announced the release of ReelSmart Motion Blur™ version 5 with GPU support for: Adobe® After Effects®; Apple®; Final Cut Pro®; Avid® Media Composer®, Symphony® and Newscutter®; The Foundry Nuke™; Adobe Premiere Pro®; Assimilate Scratch®; and Sony® Vegas® Pro.
ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) automatically adds more natural-looking motion blur to a sequence. Proprietary tracking technology is at the heart of RSMB, so there is no handwork involved. You can add as little or as much blurring as you need and even remove motion blur! This is a useful tool to give video a more film-like feel, and is also useful to reintroduce motion blur for blue or green screen shoots where a fast shutter is necessary to pull a good key. Also included in some RSMB versions is a feature that allows you to blur with user-supplied motion vectors that, most likely, will come from a 3D animation system (see the RE:Vision Effects website for which versions include this feature).
Speedups up to 4x on GPUs when using RSMB have been measured over running RSMB in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of RSMB that are used. Customers who have used RSMB v4 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to RSMB v5.
• Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, CS6 and CC.
• FCP X, 10.0.8 and up. Motion 5.0.7 and up.
• Media Composer v6 and up, Symphony v6 and up or NewsCutter v10 and up. 64-bit version required.
• Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d or later or Sony Movie Studio 11.0 and up. 64-bit version required.
• Nuke 5.1v2 and up. 64-bit version of Nuke required.
• Assimilate Scratch v4 and up.
• For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
• For Windows: Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
• For Macintosh. Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 needed for GPU support, Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9 for the GPU mode of Twixtor because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7. Macintosh OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is needed for Intel HD Graphics GPU support.
• For Linux: GPU with driver that supports OpenCL 1.1
• More detailed GPU info found at http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
• Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Motion: RSMB regular, $89.95, RSMB Pro $149.95.
• Avid Media Composer, Newscutter or Symphony: $149.95.
• Nuke or Scratch: node-locked GUI license: $189.95, floating GUI license: $284.93.
• Sony Vegas Pro: $89.95.
• Those who purchased v4 on March 1, 2014 or later, will receive a free upgrade to v5.
• Upgrade pricing can be found here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/pricing/
• Less expensive render-only pricing for After Effects's aerender, and Nuke's render-only mode is available. See pricing page.
• Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demo versions available in the download section for each of the products: www.revisionfx.com/products/