Mon 26th May 2014 | News
RE:Vision Effects has released the ReelSmart Motion Blur™ version 5 and Twixtor® version 6 with GPU support for eyeon Fusion® .
Speedups up to 3x on GPUs when using RSMB and Twixtor, already known for their speed, have been measured over running in CPU mode. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards and larger image sizes. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Twixtor creates highly engaging slow motion shots without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) automatically adds more natural-looking motion blur to a sequence. Proprietary tracking technology is at the heart of RSMB, so there is no handwork involved. Of course you can add as little or as much blurring as you need and even remove motion blur! This is a useful tool to give video a more film-like feel, and is also useful to reintroduce motion blur for blue or green screen shoots where a fast shutter is necessary to pull a good key. Also included in RSMB is a feature that allows you to blur with user-supplied motion vectors that, most likely, will come from a 3D animation system.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of RSMB and Twixtor that are used. Customers should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to RSMB v5 or Twixtor v6.
• Fusion 5.1 and up, 64-bit only
• For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
• Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista supported for CPU-only mode.
• More detailed GPU info found at http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
• ReelSmart Motion Blur v5 Fusion-native node-locked license is $189.95. Floating License: $284.93.
• Twixtor v6 Fusion-native node-locked license is $665.00. Floating License: $997.50.
• Upgrade pricing can be found here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/pricing/
• Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Demo RSMB download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/downloads/#eyeon
• Demo Twixtor download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/downloads/#eyeon