Wed 12th Mar 2014 | News
LightWave 3D has announced a new educational pricing program for NevronMotion™, motion capture and retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 on Windows. Qualifying students and educators can now take advantage of the full-feature version of NevronMotion for the special price of $99 (USD); regularly priced at $299 (USD).
With NevronMotion, artists and animators can quickly and easily extend the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave to capture, adjust, and retarget motion data to 3D models in LightWave 11.6.
NevronMotion features the ability to:
• Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
• Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
• Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
• Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
• Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
• Preset rigs for Kinect and other motion capture formats
• Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 3D is award-winning software that offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. A full feature license of LightWave 11.6 is available to qualified students and educators for $149 (USD); regularly priced at $1495 (USD).
Some of the many features of LightWave 3D include:
• Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
• Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
• Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps\
• Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
• Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
• Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
• Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
• Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
• Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
The full feature educational version of NevronMotion for Windows is now available and priced at $99 (USD); the educational license of LightWave 11.6 for Windows and Mac is priced at $149 (USD). Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy for more information on educational pricing for NevronMotion or LightWave 11.6, or to locate an authorized LightWave reseller.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas.
• NevronMotion is a trademark of NewTek.
• LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
• NewTek, TriCaster, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
• All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.