Tue 26th Mar 2013 | News
After the merging of Luxology and The Foundry, the team at Luxology has today launched MODO 701.
Complete with a rebranding, (wow, UPPERCASE) the development team has made significant enhancements to core functionality in the modeling, sculpting, animation, effects and rendering workflows in the last year. This brand new release of MODO also continues to add value with a number of new features and the soon to be released Linux OS version. With Linux on the way, top-end production studios can count on the availability of production use of MODO. That's big news. MODO is a unique, artist-friendly 3D software that combines modeling, painting, animation and rendering in a fused workflow for designers and artists working in the areas of industrial design, architectural visualization, package design, game development, film and broadcast, education and scientific studies.
New users to modo can buy the current version of modo 601 at the current price of US$1,195.00 and then get a free 701 upgrade at launch. Existing users will follow the same upgrade process as previous versions US$495. When you buy a MODO 701 Individual License, you can use it on both the PC and Mac as we license the software to you, not your computer.
“We’ve made such big improvements to the existing architecture of the software in MODO 701 that 601 users will notice a huge leap forward…We’ve also added some really cool functionality like the new particle system. This release will truly deliver on the philosophy that perfection comes through refinement. As always, we have pushed the limits and can’t wait to find out what you all think," says Brad Peebler, the co-founder of Luxology.
By the way, if you get a chance, swing by the MODO site (link below) and check out some of the videos that Brad Peebler takes pride in presenting, and has done for many many years. Peebler is the epitome of a company man who really believes in the product, but not in a marketing sense. Below is just a taste of his ownership of this amazing software.
MODO 701 highlights
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow.
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life.
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity.
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance.
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders.
- Large scene performance improvements by as much as 175x.
- Preview render synchronisation improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes.
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster.
- Unlimited network rendering