Wed 16th Apr 2014 | News
Golaem Crowd 3.2 introduces a Crowd Paint Tool enabling artists to place their characters and control their behaviors with a simple brush.
• Placement: place characters by painting them on the ground, while controlling their density with color.
• Character Attributes: paint character attributes to control their behaviors and their appearances.
• Zone Triggers: paint color zones on your terrain to activate/deactivate behaviors on your characters.
• Navigation: control characters path-finding by painting vector fields on the ground.
Golaem Crowd is currently used by more than 50 studios all over the world, from one-man shops to established studios like Framestore or Cinesite. Some of their productions have been included in the new Golaem Crowd Showreel, e.g. the “Lipton, Be More Tea” commercial, featuring crowds of Muppets, made by Framestore for the opening of the Academy Awards ceremony.
Golaem Crowd 3.2 benefits from these users’ feedback and integrate lots of usability improvements as well as new behavior operators (delay, loop, script).
Golaem Crowd is more and more open. Simulation caches can be loaded directly in Maya for editing them or adding FX on top. Code samples are also provided for loading them directly inside studios proprietary tools, and the MEL/Python API is growing.
This focus on ease of use and interoperability is what enables Golaem Crowd customers to nail down pipeline integration very quickly, have their artists send shots for review in a few days and make producers & clients relax.
Golaem Crowd is available either through
• rental (1500 EUR for 3 months)
• permanent license (4999 EUR including 1 year of support & upgrade)
Both are floating licenses, enable to render on an unlimited number of nodes for free, and come with a contemporary ready-to-use Character Pack. Maintenance & Support Subscription (875 EUR/year) enables permanent licensees to benefits from all upgrades including major versions.
Discuss this on CGTalk