Mon 21st Feb 2011 | News
emFlock2 is a flocking solver for Softimage's ICE.
emFlock2 uses the three 'classic ground rules of flocking'.
1. Separation will prevent the members from crowding and colliding.
2. Alignment will make each member adapt its heading to the average heading of its visible neighbors.
3. Cohesion will make each member want to go to the average position of its visible neighbors.
• Multithreaded neighboring and flocking.
• Compounds for speed and orientation control without flipping.
• Compounds to make flocks fly along specific paths and morph into specific shapes.
• Generation of complex flight paths using nearly any desired input in any desired combination (point clouds, polygon meshes, curves, etc.).
• New neighboring compound.
• Point clouds that use emFlock2 and emFly are still just "ordinary" point clouds => they can be cached and rendered just as any other point cloud.