Boris FX Unveils RED 3GL at NAB 2003
Fri 4th Apr 2003 | News
Boris FX, today announced the next version of the award-winning application, Boris
RED. Boris RED 3GL is the first integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects
application to implement OpenGL, delivering unprecedented performance at an affordable
price to over twenty nonlinear editing applications. RED 3GL offers customers
an expanded compositing and effects environment with over thirty dynamic new filters,
tools, and technologies to maximize their creative potential. "Boris
RED 3GL is the first product that allows video editors to take advantage of OpenGL
technology, the industry's foundation for high-performance graphics, directly
inside their NLEs,"
says Boris FX founder and president Boris Yamnitsky. "OpenGL support is the latest in a long list of features that Boris RED was
the first to integrate into NLEs, including native vector titling and graphics,
motion tracking, vector paint and rotoscoping, and advanced 2D and 3D compositing.
Working with RED 3GL and OpenGL technology, video editors will dramatically expand
their effects capabilities and increase their productivity."
Boris RED 3GL Feature Highlights
- OpenGL hardware acceleration
- Optical Flow technology for high quality footage retiming and motion blur
- Advanced title animation includes precise control for character randomization
- Over 30 new filters, including Lens Flare, Light Zoom, Film Grain, and
- Expanded 3D effects environment offering unprecedented 3D animation capabilities
- Optimized render speeds and workflow
- Standalone NLE integration for Avid and Final Cut Pro with Automatic Duck
Composition Exporter, as well as Media 100 Program Export
- Plug-in integration for Sonic Foundry Vegas Video
- Video output to television monitor using Matrox Parhelia, Pinnacle Cinewave,
AJA, Canopus, Media 100 cards and others, and video out through FireWire
- Animated 2D and 3D charts featuring user input and spreadsheet import
- Enhanced animation includes new interpolations and automatic keyframe generation
- New Text tool for direct placement and editing on the video image
- Animated gradients and grids
- 3D bump maps and depth of field
- Image warping and morphing technology
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, saved custom workspaces, History palette,
and Filter palette with custom filter sets
- Expanded support for Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10 files
Boris RED 3GL will be shown at the National Association of Broadcasters Convention
in Las Vegas from April 7-10, in booth # SL1539 of the Las Vegas
Convention Center and on the Boris Motion Graphics Tour beginning in May 2003.
For more details about the Motion Graphics Tour, visit http://www.borisfx.com.
Pricing and Availability
Boris RED 3GL will ship in the second quarter of 2003. Upgrades from earlier
versions of Boris RED are $295 US. Owners of Boris FX, GRAFFITI, and CALLIGRAPHY
may upgrade to Boris RED for $999 US. The suggested retail price for new purchases
of Boris RED 3GL is $1595 US. Customers purchasing Boris RED 2.5 or Boris Motion
Graphics Pack after April 3, 2003 will receive a free upgrade to Boris RED 3GL.