- The competition is only open to individuals of 18 years or older. Teams or any other collective entries are not permitted.
- All entries must be an individual’s own work. Entrants are not permitted to enter works on behalf of any other individual or entity.
- All entries must be original. No derivative works will be accepted.
- All entrants must be registered with CGTalk or CGSociety and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions as described here http://wiki.cgsociety.org/index.php/Terms_and_Conditions
- Individuals may enter multiple times.
- Entries must be original and must remain unpublished outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge. Any entry deemed by the judges to be identical or substantially similar to any other entry previously entered will be disqualified as a derivate work.
- Images must conform to nominal decency guidelines. Any image deemed to contain content that depicts violence, racial, political, religious, sexual or any other inflammatory material in an inappropriate manner will be disqualified and removed. Interpretation of what is, and is not, appropriate material is at the sole discretion of Ballistic Media.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Neither Ballistic Media nor its sponsor will be held responsible for late entries for any reason whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the entrants to make reasonable allowances for upload times and to plan accordingly.
- Entries will be judged on artistic and technical merits within the scope of the competition theme. The interpretation of the theme, artistic or technical merit of the work and any other consideration made by the judges is at the sole discretion of the judges.
- Judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To be eligible for prizes, all winning entrants must provide accurate and reliable contact details. Ballistic Media will make all reasonable efforts to contact winners for a period of 7 calendar days after the completion of Judging. If a winner cannot be contacted within this period then they can be disqualified at the sole discretion of Ballistic Media.
- Any import taxes or duties on prizes must be paid by the prize winner. It is neither practically possible nor ethically reasonable for Ballistic Media or any of the sponsors to pay duties and taxes on behalf of a winner. Ballistic Media and sponsors will not make false valuation claims to assist winners from illegally evading any applicable duties and taxes.
- By entering the competition the entrant warrants that they are the sole copyright holder and indemnifies Ballistic Media and sponsor from any subsequent claims that may arise regarding ownership, or any other claims that may impact upon the entered work.
- The entrant grants Ballistic Media rights to use all entered works, in any media for sales, marketing and merchandising, provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials.
- The entrant grants the sponsor rights to use all entered works on sponsors websites in the form of free public galleries, in any form of media, including, but not limited to, web galleries, physical galleries, downloadable form, wallpaper collections and screensavers, provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials.
- The entrant grants Ballistic Media and sponsor rights to use the entrants name, imprimatur and likeness in conjunction with the use of their entered works.
- The entrant grants Ballistic Media and sponsor first right to publish their submitted work in any media.
- Entrants commit to notify Ballistic Media in writing at least one week prior to the publication of their work in any media.
- Other than the rights assigned in the preceding clauses entrants retain copyright of all entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotions.
- The entrant indemnifies Ballistic Media and sponsor against any claims or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages from any party that may arise from any use, including but not limited to, publication of entry materials submitted as a part of, or in association with the competition.
- Ballistic Media will not return any material submitted.
- There is no agreement or contract between the artist and Ballistic Media. The artist assumes all responsibility and costs for delivering images and other required information to the Publisher for consideration in the competition.
- Ballistic Media does not require any payment for entry of images nor does Ballistic Media offer any form of payment, actual or implied, to any entrants.
- There is no chance component in the selection of winning entries. Winning entries will be chosen solely on the skill exhibited by the entrants as determined by the judges.
- Ballistic Media will take reasonable measures to ensure the security of entries and information supplied to them. In no event shall Ballistic Media be liable to any party, for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the loss of images and data supplied, even if Ballistic Media has been advised of the possibility of such loss and damages.
- Employees and relatives of Ballistic Media staff, sponsors
and judges cannot compete in the competition.
- Ballistic Media reserves the right to suspend, shorten, modify or cancel the competition in the case of Force Majeure or in any circumstances beyond the company's control.
- This list of terms and conditions constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions and supersedes any prior terms and conditions, oral or written, and any other communications relating to these terms and conditions.