Position | CGI Scanning Artist (in Toronto, Canada)
Job Type: Full-time
Description How to apply
Responsible for scanning photo-realistic objects such as props, products, or other physical samples.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
• Solid sense of three-dimensional design and attention to detail in organic and mechanical surfaces
• Ability to demonstrate a breadth of competence in 3D forms, from mechanical design to organic objects, from photo-real to stylized.
• Maya or 3Ds Max polygon modeling experience preferred.
• CGI, ID, or Architectural background modeling props
• Experience with portable scanning technology
• Experience with CGI modeling workflows & processes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in production
• Experience with Maya, Rhino or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee’s duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
• Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus