What you’ll be doing:
• Create concepts for a wide variety of team needs. The bulk of the work will center on environmental scenes, graphic design, and more.
• Research and create inspirational pieces for the pre-production of levels.
• Generate paint overs on the existing game to push the visuals further and problem solves areas.
• Work closely with the team attached to the piece to ensure the concepts are as effective as possible. Seek out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff, as well as reading game documentation and playing the game as needed to deliver the most informed piece as possible.
Skills and experience you’ll need:
• Must have prior experience in either the film or game industry.
• Be an expert in Photoshop
• Has a strong background in traditional art skills and demonstrates an understanding of fundamentals like composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, and color theory.
• Demonstrates strong sketching abilities as well as rendering, matt painting, graphic design and iconography. Understands which art techniques to employ to deliver the piece on time while communicating what is needed to the team.
• Utilize 3d applications like sketch up, Modo, 3ds, or Maya to facilitate work.
• Can create hyper realistic environmental scenes.
• Strong understanding of architecture construction and environmental design.
• Have a proven record of meeting deadlines.
• Is fast and organized doing research and reference gathering.
• Has excellent communication skills and is able to work one on one, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities. Is proactive amongst all parties.
• Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute ideas. Understands the artwork is functional to the game, has game play relevance and implications, and needs to clearly communicate to the team of its intended goals.
• Shows an interest in delivering the best possible results and puts in effort to achieve them.
• Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
• Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.