The skills/experience you’ll need:
• Constructive and inspirational management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively while being respectful
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Great understanding of storytelling, acting, body movement, facial expressions and visual language
• Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
• Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Expert Experience with Motion Capture directing
• knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder 2012+
• 8 + years of experience in game industry
• At least 1 shipped title as a Lead Animator
What you’ll be doing:
• Promote and execute a positive and passionate team culture to make the best animations of our careers.
• Manage and motivate internal cinematic animation team.
• Champion the cinematic vision and communicate notes and feedback to the cinematic team on a regular basis.
• Produce high quality full performance cinematic animations.
• Provide frequent feedback to maintain quality control throughout all phases of production.
• Collaborate with animators, designers, artists and software engineers to identify and address areas of need or concern.
• Work with Animation Directors to champion the cinematic vision and establish goals, milestones, and schedules.
• Work closely with the character team to provide creative and technical feedback to ensure the characters deform well.
• Develop production schedule and delegate tasks to the Cinematics team.
• Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure the best possible fusion of storytelling, gameplay and visual language.
• Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges.
• Challenge, mentor, and grow the skillsets of our teams with the goal of being the best in the industry.
• Committing yourself and your team to make the best Animation possible, while respecting your team and their work/life balance.
• Develop and maintain production schedules.
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent.
Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams.
It is our life’s passion to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.