What you’ll be doing:
• Create real time particle systems for the game environment and scripted moments. The artist will work closely with Art leads, Lighting, Design, and Production to bring the level to life.
• The FX artist recreates natural phenomena, such as fire, smoke, explosions, dust, water, and weather systems. The artist will also create real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, and natural environments and everything in between using a proprietary toolset.
• Set dressing the level with ambient atmospheric effects and produces stunning key scripted effects for high-impact game moments.
• Creates textures to use in the particle effects using various 2D and 3D applications.
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of AAA game development experience and 3 titles shipped.
• Degree or certificate in animation, film, or related field, or equivalent FX production experience in games.
• Demo Reel or website showing previous particle FX work.
• Ability to work collaboratively between different departments.
• Able to work independently, maintaining a "Team Focus,” and drive initiatives through to completion.
• Can help to troubleshoot and fix problem assets.
• Strong understanding of particle motion, timing, and scale is a must.
• Demonstrated ability with a 3D particle editor/3D package.
• Experience with a scripting language/programming language.
• Excellent texture creation skills.
• Ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
• Can follow the style of a particular artist or concept.
• Stays within budgets and the understanding of console limitations.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks at any given time.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Experience with FumeFX, Houdini, Nuke, Thinking Particles, Maya fluids, Real Flow and rigid body dynamics.
• Understanding of script/programming concepts.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.