What you’ll be doing:
· Create robust gameplay components and tools for the content team
· Maintain usability and quality of gameplay components in levels
· Lead the way in advocating best practices to the content team
· Work closely with other disciplines to implement game mechanics
· Take feedback from the design team to improve workflows and support features
· Providing mentorship to less experienced designers
The skills & experience you’ll need:
· Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in a Gameplay Engineering, Technical Design, or similar position
· Shipped 1+ game titles
· A passion for games
· Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
· Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
· Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
· B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, Animation, General Gameplay, Tools
· Previously shipped AAA titles
· Experience with our map building tools (Radiant), or our game scripting language (GSC).
· Proficient in C/C++
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent.
Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams.
It is our life’s passion to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.