What you'll be doing:
• Pitching concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads
• Developing prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features and missions under your prevue, implementing leadership’s feedback to bring them to top quality finish
• Spearheading the collaborative process with other designers, engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and production staff to bring the game world and its characters to life
• Identifying and resolving conflicts with other teams while preserving the design goals of the project
• Reviewing design work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements
• Routinely collect and evaluate feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management
• Mentor other designers; lead by example. Be a positive influence on your team.
• Prioritizing and self-managing to meet deadlines with your team; actively voice your ideas and options to the team
• Contributing to game design research and development (R&D) discussions
The skills and experience you'll need:
• 2 or more years of game design experience on a shipped console game
• Skillful experience with C, C++ or non-visual scripting languages; willing and able to pass studio scripting test
• Proven written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of first-person combat and game mechanics
• Dedicated communication and solving problems skills
• High-level of comfort in a team environment, self-motivated, and egoless
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience using Illustrator or other program to communicate ideas
• Familiarity with a 3D level/world creation package, preferably Radiant
• Experience with other aspects of Game Development such as, but not limited to: Character Design, Writing, Gameplay Programming and AI Design
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.